Hi Paul

Are you talking about Ceph + KVM snapshot or non Ceph filesystem using
qemu/libvirtd?

KVM Snapshot with non-ceph using qemu/libvirtd apis will be released in
upcoming versions. We have a code written for it - but to release it to
open source community takes a bit of time and might need a rewrite.

Regards
ilya