All,

I apologize for being behind getting the 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 RCs out.  A small
part of it was due to the RC release dates falling the weekend after being on
vacation, and a large part of it is due to rookie mistakes as a first time RM.
Hopefully, the lessons learned will keep things on-time for the 4.9.2.0 and
4.10.0.0 releases.

The big lesson learned is that we need to watching the candidate PRs for a
release about 7-10 days in advance of a release.  To that end, we have the
following are the PRs targeted for 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 which need to be closed
before we can cut an RC:

    * 1635 [1]: CLOUDSTACK-9451
    * 1636 [2]: Fix a quote issue with Spanish L10N (from transifex translation)
    * 1654 [3]: Updating pom.xml version numbers for release 4.8.2.0-SNAPSHOT
    * 1624 [4]: Fixes regarding VOLUME_DELETE events resulting from account
deletion

The following are the PRs targeted for 4.9.1.0 which need to be closed be we
can cut an RC:

    * 1621 [5]: [CLOUDSTACK-9444] Fix a little issue from PR1610 if the
db.properties file hasn't EOL character at the end of file
    * 1648 [6]: test/integration: fix tearDown order in list_acl_ tests
    * 1663 [7]/1653 [8]: [LTS/blocker] CLOUDSTACK-6432: Prevent DNS reflection
attacks (
    * 1660 [9]: CLOUDSTACK-9470: [BLOCKER] Bug in SshHelper affecting
interaction with vRouter in VmwareResource and HypervDirectConnectResource
    * 1665 [10]: Changes database upgrade script names to be consistent for the
4.9.1.0 release

Please let me know if there is a PR or defect you feel must be addressed in
order to ship either 4.8.2.0 or 4.9.1.0.  Otherwise, we will be working to get
these PRs merged ASAP and cut RCs for voting.

Thank you for patience as I stumble through this process for the first time,
-John

[1]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1635
[2]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1636
[3]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1654
[4]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1624
[5]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1621
[6]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1648
[7]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1663
[8]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1653
[9]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1660
[10]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1665

john.burw...@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue