Sergey,

We are working on a full automated build pipeline that will test against a wide
range of configurations.  Ideally, the pipeline will work as follows:

     1. PR is submitted -> the PR is built, unit tested, and run through static
analysis.  Smoke tests are run on a matrix of configurations
     2. The PR is reviewed by two or more committers
     3. When a PR commit receives two or more LGTMs and no -1s, it is enqueued
to be merged to the target branch
     4. When it’s PR’s turn to be merged, it merged against the target release
branch and rebuilt (unit tests + static analysis), packaged, and tested (smoke
test + a set of component tests) on a matrix of configurations
     5. If the PR needs to be forward merged, it is enqueued for the next
branch and Step 4 is re-executed

In this system, only one PR would be actively merged at a time.  Steps 4 and 5
are repeated until the PR is merged to master.  This process not only ensures
that the PR is adequately reviewed and tested, and it also detects introduced
by merges of adjacent PRs.  blueorganatan is first step in the process which
provides a way for indicate that a PR is ready for the next step.

We are working towards such a system, but, obviously, there are a lot of pieces
we need to refine/develop and integrate.  I am working up a release management
roadmap to capture these ideas in more detail which I hope publish in the near
future,

Thanks,
-John

john.burw...@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue