Github user swill commented on the issue:

    So...  Looking at this with a different perspective.  If there is a bug
elsewhere which would cause an IP to be duplicated in the `dbag`, the old
implementation would have cleaned up this bug and would have removed all the
duplicates (including the real one) and then would have only added back the
real one.  My implementation did not assume that I was having to clean up
duplicates in the `dbag` variable and only focused on adding if it didn't exist
or updating the existing entry if it did exist.  I will have to think about
this more...

---
with INFRA.
---