For me too, I don't see the point of repeating everything to just put
"cloudstack". To keep a way to differentiate that it's based on CloudStack, I
would add a file "cloud_provider.txt" or "cloud_version.txt" containing
CloudStack X.Y.Z

So that in case things change at a certain point in time we can make cloud-init
to parse this particular file to know how to handle the other files.

Marco