> Op 27 juli 2017 om 17:33 schreef Syed Ahmed <sah...@cloudops.com>:
>

> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to add 4 new parameters to the disk offering. The use case
> for this is as follows:
>
> We want to provide a provisioned IOPS style offering to our customers with
> managed storage like SolidFire. The model is similar to GCE where we have
> IOPS scale with the size based on a predefined ratio. So for this I want to
> add two options. minIOPSPerGB and maxIOPSPerGB. Now, based on what storage
> you have, you have limits on the highest values for your min and max IOPS
> and after which you don't want to scale your IOPS (SolidFire for example
> can do 10k minIOPS and 20k max IOPS). To support this, I have to add two
> more parameters, highestMinIOPS, highestMaxIOPS. This should work with
> existing disk offerings without problem. I am looking for comments on this
> approach. Would really appreciate your reviews.

To clarify, this is where users can select the exact amount of GBs/TBs they
want, right? Like a slider, I want X GB.

Since we already use this, but we have fixed Disk Offerings with IOps set
accordingly in our public cloud. The more space you take, the more IOps you get.

Just to clarify this for myself.

Wido