Dear all,

I am using CloudStack 4.8 and KVM hypervisor, andI tried creating a Windows
Server 2016 OS template using sysprep following the instruction on the
"System Preparation for Windows Server 2008 R2" section of the
documentation at below URL:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.8/templates/_create_windows.html

However, after the template is created and I tried to spin off a new VM
using the template, the console is still prompting the Language and
Country/Region selection, EULA and change password selection when
booting-up. It seems that the sysprep process to automate those steps
didn't work.

I did saved the unattend.xml file into the C:\Windows\System32\sysprep
folder and run "sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize /shutdown" before creating
the template from the main VM.

Did I miss anything, or is the sysprep process for Windows Server 2016 is
different from 2008? The same method worked for 2012 last time.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Cheers.

-ip-