The checkstyle rules can be imported in pretty much any IDE to help during
coding and to display the errors immediately.
To speed up the detection of checkstyle errors, we could edit the post
commit hooks to run a mvn command only for the checkstyle rules, and then
do the usual stuff.

I'm not in favor to alter the code after being approved. The PRs should be
"correct" on all points: code style, functionality, tests, doc