@Daan That's a good point, I'll try to update the list to
CLOUDSTACK-<number> wherever applicable. But the majority of branches are
4.1.x to 4.6.x, which might be able to be cleaned up easily.

- I feel we might be able to delete everything 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x,
4.5.x, 4.6.x (almost blindly).
- the only branches of 4.7.x are the RCs (should be safe to be deleted)
- the only branches of 4.8.x are the RCs (should be safe to be deleted)
- the only branches of 4.9.x are the RCs and 3 develop branches (should be
safe to be deleted)
- there are bunch of CID-<number> which I don't know what they are. There
are no corresponding CLOUDSTACK tickets for those number. (might be safe to
be deleted)

@Rafael I agree which this approach. We can have master and release
branches with names as "major.minor.micro.x" (e.g. 4.11.0.x) in which their
HEAD's pom version always have SNAPSHOT (e.g. 4.11.0.1-SNAPSHOT) and on
releasing:

- remove the SNAPSHOT from pom
- tag it (with full qualified pom version)
- bump pom version on the branch to next available SNAPSHOT

and if there's a need to fix on older releases, one can either 1) create a
branch out of that tag 2) fix on HEAD of corresponding release branch. (I,
personally, like the second approach better)

Khosrow Moossavi

Cloud Infrastructure Developer

t 514.447.3456

<https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>