Reading all the reactions I am getting wary of all the possible solutions
that we have.
 We do have a fragile VR and Remi's way seems the only one to stabilise it.
It also answers the question on which of my two tactics we should follow.
 Wido's abjection may be valid but services that are not started are not
crashing and thus should not hinder him.
 As for Wei's changes I think the most important one is in the PR I ported
forward to master, using his older commit. I metntioned it in
>     ​[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2435​
I am looking forward to any of your PRs as well Wei.

 Making all VRs redundant is a bit of a hack and the biggest risk in it is
making sure that only one will get started.

​ There is one point I'd like consensus on; We have only one system
template and we are well served by letting it have only one form as VR. ​Do
we agree on that?

​comments, flames, questions, ​regards,​

--
Daan