From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 15:21
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Primate - publishing release and docs

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.

For the scope of the technical preview, I would like to conclude this thread
that unless there are any objections there will be no formal voting, no formal
release, and therefore no RCs etc.

  *   Tech preview publishing:
     *   Archive, deb, rpm here:
http://download.cloudstack.org/primate/testing/preview/  (for tracking, builds
will have date-stamps)
     *   Docker builds here: https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/cloudstack-primate
(marked :latest tag)
  *   Primate technical preview documentation will be within the 4.14 docs
website:
     *   Documentation will be limited simple instructions on installing
Primate tech preview (in most cases, few commands to download and
install/extract artifact)
     *   WIP doc pull request:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-documentation/pull/122
     *   The 4.14 docs website (in release notes) and the announcement(s) will
include legacy UI deprecation notice as previously discussed and agreed [1][2]
  *   Feedback/issue gathering:
     *   In addition to welcoming any discussion(s) on MLs, the footer of
Primate will have a link to report issues, request missing features etc. until
1.0/GA
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/issues/new/choose

Let's discuss other points (outside of the scope for the tech preview) in a
different thread (after 4.14) over the next weeks/months towards 1.0/GA (with
ACS 4.15).

Any objections? Thanks.

Additional notes and updates:

  *   Daily builds for the latest master are rsync'd here:
http://download.cloudstack.org/primate/testing/master/
  *   Blueorangutan is now setup for Primate pull requests, we'll explore
testing towards 1.0/GA.

[1] Voting thread: https://markmail.org/message/tblrbrtew6cvrusr

[2] Proposal:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Proposal%3A+CloudStack+Primate+UI