Stefano:

So, after making a request for this a few days ago, with some people's help
(a suggestion to look into mounted sitemaps) there seems to be an already
existing solution. Rather than adding extra functionality to support doing
this in cocoon.xconf, wouldn't it make more sense to just ship an extra
sitemap with the default distribution? It could exist in WEB-INF as like
base.xmap or something and be referenced in cocoon.xconf as the main
sitemap. Then, it does:

<map:match pattern="**">
  <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="sitemap.xmap" uri-prefix="" />
</map:match>

It makes more sense to me to use this already existing feature before
tacking on a new one. I've already started using this solution on my
websites and it seems to do the trick rather well (and also keep the default
error handler in it so I don't need that in my sitemaps either).

I'd still like to see a better cocoon.xconf refactorization (so I could have
a single file with just my <datasources/> configuration), but I'm guessing
"real blocks" would deal with that? Regardless, I still haven't gotten
around to really reading through and absorbing the page on blocks that
someone referred me to (so in reference to your other e-mail; this happened
on the users list, though, not sure if you saw it).

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]