Niclas Hedhman wrote:

Since it never arrived...

Berin Loritsch said:

Robert Simmons wrote:

Greetings,

One thing that I would like to see is Cocoon supporting the
XForms 1.0 standard as described on W3C.

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/

I would advise against the XForms standard because it is severely broken for client/server type applications. XForms ONLY makes sense in a pure client setting.

I would like to hear an elaboration of why this is the case.

Why would this not be useful?

App-->XForm --XHTML adaption--> XHTML form

                              user action

App<--XML Result <--adaption-- XHTML Response

And later when the UA is XForm capable, the adaption stage is
dropped from the pipeline.

In the eXFormula project I did a while ago, with the spec as it was, we could only go so far.

Not to mention that the XForms document mixes alot in the equation.
You need to gain information from three sources: model, view, and
controller.  These are wired together via XML documents.  Unfortunately,
sometimes the XML documents are all assembled into one and other times
they are completely separate.  This makes the adaptation layer very
complex.  In many cases it would be far easier to work it all in the
client where we have access to the documents in a much more easily used
manner.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin