Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Since we decided that we don't like creating new repositories nor CVS branches, I assume this will be the last release in the 2.1.x series?

If this doesn't mean that we wait another 18 months or so until releasing 2.2 ... ;)

more seriously: How do we deal with bugfix releases in the future if we
don't have a branch or another repository?

I'm really tired of discussing this (it's not your fault, Reinhard).

I suggested again and again to start a new repository for 2.2 (which is equivalent to starting a 2.2 branch - or a 2.1.x branch), but I always got the reply "let's see if we really need 2.2, let's stick to 2.1 for now." Now, only 5 days later people ask for it.

The answer was more a "we currently have nothing concrete that asks for a 2.2 repo". Things have changed quickly in the last days (e.g. move to Fortress) so yes, a 2.2 repo makes sense now.

But this 2.2 repo should be for really new things. Other minor changes & bug fixes should also be added to the 2.1 repo to allow for a 2.1.2 release if necessary without waiting for 2.2 final.

And of course +1 for the 2.1.1 release.

Sylvain