On 01.11.2003 12:08, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

personally I think this patch should come together with a change to our web.xml so we rather change the default form-encoding to be also "utf-8"

sorry, I don't understand this. Does this mean the general encoding is
iso-8859-1 and the form encoding is UTF-8? If yes, why two different
encodings?

These are two different things.

On the one hand there is the container encoding. It defines with which encoding textfiles are read, e.g. properties files. It's about servlet container <=> file system.

On the other hand there is the form encoding. It defines with which encoding requests are read. It's about servlet container <=> clients.

I hope it's correct so.

Joerg