On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 12:24, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> >>yes, enable stylesheet caching (use-store=true in the cocoon.xconf)
> >
> > why isn't this a default setting ?
>
> Because a long time ago there was a memory leak with this option in
> Xalan. In the meantime Xalan became much more stable, but no one had the
> time to test the feature in real life again.

There's also another problem: the store used to cache the stylesheets
apparently tries to serialize the cached items to disk, as reported
here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106969948018306&w=2

just had a quick look into it, it seems that if we would set the
use-persistent-cache option of the transient store to false this should
be fixed. I don't know if this would be acceptable though (depends on
which other components put items in that store).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]