Am Di, den 30.03.2004 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler um 09:07:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> >
> > IMHO some kind of action is needed on this: either keep the
> > javaflow block as is, move it to the scratchpad or move it
> > somewhere else.
> >
> > Stephan, I understand the "public pressure" and excitement
> > prompted you to do the commit this (which is great: I'm as
> > impatient as anyone to play with javaflow), but this has been
> > done without taking Carsten's advice into account, which is not right.
> >
> > Could you clarify this with Carsten, or maybe restart a
> > [VOTE] about where to put javaflow?
> >
> > I don't want to rain on anyone's party, what Torsten and
> > Stephan are doing is just great, but let's not allow
> > disagreements to put clouds in this blue sky (hey I'm in
> > Spring mood ;-)
> >
> Hey, no problem - Stephan already contacted me and I think we have
> sorted everything out - if there was something to sort out at all
> between us.
> Now, as I still think that a new block gives the wrong impression
> (which user really reads that it's alpha?) I would prefer the
> scratchpad. I suggested to Stephan to start a vote about the place
> (block or scratchpad) and the majority wins. So everyone is happy
> and we all can enjoy the spring sun.

Thank you that you didn't take it wrong :)

Okay here another vote(and I wait more than 24h)

Move java into scratchpad?

[ ] Move it into scratchpad
[ ] Leave it where it is
[ ] Rename it to _______

My opinion is to leave it where it is, because I heard too much the
argument that "flow is a great thing, but javascript?!".
People already started to port the flow stuff for example to Struts, see
http://www.rollerweblogger.org/page/roller/20040327#jsp_control_flow_engine

I think the java flow thing is too important to go with it into
scratchpad. For example you could also use Groovy to implement your
flow, because Groovy also produces Java classes.

I done a lot of afford to make it work like the javascript
implementation. So that it is only a choise, which language you
prefer.

But I'm curious about our opinions, Stephan Michels.