Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > a) mark portal-fw as deprecated
>
> Hmm.. deprecated mean "Hey man, go change you portal as it
> will be removed in the future" is this you want to signal?

Yes :( The portal-fw is a nice portal framework, but the code
is very very ugly (I know it 'cause I wrote it). The new
portal block is (apart from tools) a 100% replacement which
is even faster and consumes less memory.
Deperecating does not mean removing and deprecating means that
it is still supported. So if any bugs occur, we will fix
them - but if you start a new project, you should use
the new portal block; that's why I think we should deprecate
the old one.

Carsten