Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

And if there are language constructs that are not possible to implement with JXPath and JavaBeans? And I am sure there are (I had some problems myself but shoot me in the head: I do not remember the exact cases). Should we be saying to users: "it does not work with JXPath, still it would with Jext, since we dropped jexl officialy you have to plug it back in yourself"?

I suggest an "xpath based language" not JXPath :) Yes, I had some problems with JXPath as well, so I wouldn't use it but rather write an own implementation which isn't that difficult.

I remember it having bugs like #{0 != ''} evaluating to false, but is it a reason to reinvent the wheel? I'd rather prefer having common jxpath component shared among many projects than each project start implementing xpath-like syntaxes.

Vadim