Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

What can you do with Jexl what you can't do with an XPath based
language? My understanding is that they only differ in their syntax
('.' instead of '/').
Now even if Jexl has more functionality I don't see a reason why
this could not be added to an xpath based language.

Technically this should be possible, but how do we write something like "widget.getChild("foo").getAttribute("bar")" in XPath?

Tecnically, this will be
  getAttribute(getChild($widget, "foo"), "bar")

in JXPath. Not exactly easy to read, but possible :)

That's what I meant: not exactly easy to read, especially for someone having the related Java API in mind :-)

Sylvain