> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 February 2005 07:06, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> >>Something that doesn't help also is the fact that our foundations
are
> >>maintained and documented (or not) elsewhere, at Excalibur. This
> >>includes the Avalon framework interfaces and SourceResolver, Store,
XML
> >>utils, etc. Only the framework API is available online. So, should
we
> >>copy the javadoc of Excalibur component & frameworks we use in our
own
> >>repo to make this information more accessible?
> >

> > Why not use SVN's more exotic features of external linking, and
plainly
> > include the Excalibur codebase (source that is) as part of Cocoon?
You
> all
> > have commit access to it, and it is not likely that the Excalibur
> community
> > will make any big changes in the future, and unlikely to object to
any
> > changes made from Cocoon committers.
>
> Are you referring to the svn:external property? Would it be a problem
that
> we
> have to include using https and not http?
>
> Anyway, if we can make this work, this would be a great idea!

Maybe completely off-topic, but here is my idea:

Maybe it is even better to just copy it into the Cocoon codebase. Both
codebases are in the same physical SVN repo, right? Then a copy won't
take much space, and you're independent from changes to Excalibur. When
changes to excalibur are required, you can make them in the Cocoon
codebase, and when the Excalibur community makes changes to their
codebase that is required in Cocoon, it should be possible to merge
those changes into the Cocoon code base (merge with the changes you've
made). It's a bit like a vendor branch, I guess... [1]

Bart.

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s04.html