Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Some time ago we decided that we want a flat directory structure (/cocoon/blocks/[block-name]/... instead of /cocoon/blocks/[community-status]/[block-name]/...) for blocks but we haven't yet changed it.

I will do the move on Monday - please make sure that you have checked in all your changes in existing blocks *by Sunday evening CET* or expect more work to merge your work again. Thanks (and sorry for the inconveniences)

Checking out the new layout, I see that we now have the following layout:
cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/[block-name]/trunk/...

Is the [block-name]/*trunk*/ really what was intended? It changes the directory layout and checkouts all branches of a given block in a single project, which is very likely to cause problems the day where we start branching blocks...

For now we only have trunk. I hope that real blocks will be available soon and then a block is an independant build and deployment unit and *not* part of Cocon core any more. For now it doesn't harm to include the complete tree and svn operations become much faster.

It seems to me that, even if we remove the [community-status], we still need a separate svn:external for each block to point to the appropriate branch.

IIUC there is no need for this. In gump.xml we can point to the correct
directory.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de