On 10/3/05, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tony Collen wrote:
>
> > Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> >
> >> I found this on the Jetty list, and thought it was relevant as in the
> >> examples we tend to encode the continuation ID into the URL...
> >>
> >> This is f***ing scary!!!
> >>
> >>     Pier
> >

> > Maybe it's time we make Cocoon automatically pull the continuation ID
> > from a session tied to a cookie.
>

> That won't work as a continuation is related to the page displayed in
> the browser rather than to the browser itself, as is a cookie.

We did this for a while; our user base doesn't generally fork the
browser and rarely uses back (all menu driven).  However, it's simpler
to just automatically add the continuation to the form as a hidden
field.  We've got a 80 line (or so) transformer that finds all forms
and adds the continuation.  We just add this transformer to the end of
any pipeline that might be creating forms...

--
Peter Hunsberger