Luca Morandini wrote:

> Hmm... I was thinking more in terms of user-visible functionalities
> rather than in terms of underlying technologies.
>
> Look, if one is going to use Spring, he won't be impressed by a canned
> app; on the contrary, such a canned app will make a splash on the
> average guy just thinking "hmm... how could I publish that report in PDF
> and WML and HTML and Excel ?".

I see what you mean.

There is maybe room for both. If i would like to know more about
multi-channel reporting i could install the reporting scaffold. If i
only care about the "recommended" way of integrating hibernate and
Cforms i could install the CForms-hibernate archetype and go through the
code examples.

This all goes under the "making cocoon more accessible" umbrella,
possibly another hackathon topic - i've added it to the wiki.

> Just imagine a wizard-like thing that guides you through the following:
> 1) Choose the page name.
> 2) Choose a view or table from your database of choice.
> 3) Choose the formats you'd like to include.
> 4) VoilĂ , The scaffold is generated !
> 5) Enter the page URI and the report showing the database view/table
> appears: in PDF when the URI ends with .pdf, in Excel if the URI ends
> with .xls, etc.

you mean xReporter ? :-)

Jorg