Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 11 Oct 2005, at 20:16, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

Le 11 oct. 05, à 07:31, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :

...- Cocoon 2.2 will not use OSGi but will support blocks as far as possible:...

...- Cocoon 3.0 will use OSGi --> shielding classloader and hot plugablillity...

...WDOT?

+1 to the plan.

Just one small nitpicking comment, we should say "3.0 will *most probably* use OSGI" - as you said, it's a nice goal to have but I don't think we're 100% positive on that yet, there are still a few unknowns.

I agree wholeheartedly... I am not 100% sure that OSGI is the perfect solution. AFAICS it's a little bit too cumbersome for my brain.

And I know a lot of others share my concerns (from discussions at the GT).

    Pier

Any specific concerns about OSGi?

For me, licensing. As for technical matters, I stopped caring when we killed Avalon.

We can't ship until a OSGi R4 implementation is available, which means probably waiting for Felix to finish the implementation *and* exit incubation. That might take some time.

--
Stefano.