Ralph Goers wrote:

> In this case I don't believe I agree.  Configuration is great when
> things need to be configurable.  But if a component can only operate
> when configured a certain way then what is gained by that?  In that case
> it should be hard-wired.

Hmm, yes but the problem is related to lazy loading - without you don't
need additional configuration. Now, I think we should make more use of
the roles file again. So you configure your component correctly in the
roles file and refer to it from the xconf. Instead of using marker
interfaces you make a proper entry in the roles file. I think this is a
good compromise. Anyway, if you want to use marker interface you can.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/