Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> The current behaviour is flawed as we already know from e.g. the case
> with the I18N transformer where dynamic resolution is used when static
> is what would have been expected. With lazy loading things get even
> worse as resolution during the setup phase also can become dynamic.
>
> It is time that we solve this problem once and for all.

Yeah, sure, I totally agree. But providing two different source
resolvers creates imho more confusion than it really helps.

You say that it's the developer who decides how sources are resolved
(what the base for relative resolving is). Now, what about having an
i18n transformer configured in the main sitemap once with all the
configuration and then the transformer is used in several sub sitemaps.
Each sub sitemaps has the same set of catalogs. So in this case, the
transformer is configured once in the main sitemap with relative paths
and the paths are resolved in a sub sitemap relative to the sub sitemap.
Ok, this might be a constructed case, but I think the point is, the
developer can't always decide.
So, again why not using the following:
 <map:transform src="my-class">
   <map:parameter name="config-file"
value="static://relativ_to_this_sitemap"/>

and
 <map:transform src="my-class">
   <map:parameter name="config-file" value="relativ_to_the_usage_sitemap"/>

Everything stays the way it is and you can force source resolving to be
relative to the defining sitemap by using the protocol.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/