Jorg Heymans wrote:

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

What do you think about moving block dependecy handling from block.xml to pom.xml? It means reduced flexibilty as block dependencies becomes

IIUC, the dependency handling discussed here is the deploy-time dependency handling, thus only relevant for the deployer?

In that case if we have something like

<dependency>
    <artifactId>myBlock</artifactId>
    <groupId>org.apache.cocoon.blocks</groupId>
    <version>1.2alpha</version>
</dependency>

then the deployer could check for all declared dependencies with groupId "org.apache.cocoon.blocks" and treat them as "block" dependencies. There are other ways to distinguish between dependencies in maven, but this would be the easiest initially i think.

I think we should use the "classifier" attribute for this purpose (as I want to use blocks in my own namespace).

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc