I'd be in favor of that but you cannot follow our versioning plan and introduce it in 2.1.9. We'd have to announce our intent first. On the other hand, we can always override that with a vote.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

Servlet 2.3 has been released more than 4 years ago[1]. IMO it is safe to consider that people using recent versions of Cocoon are running at least servlet 2.3 and most probably servlet 2.4.

So depending on servlet 2.3 shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Yes, that's why I said in an earlier response that we can vote on
upgrading the requirements to servlet 2.3 officially.

Carsten