Omar Adobati wrote:
Good morning,

 I'd like to manage in some way the sms sending using cocoon, but I
have not easy clear ideas on how to realize this. Does anyone know the
best, or maybe the not worst, way to try to implement this function?
Suppose I have an XML file with all the information I need to generate
the SMS, and that I could display the SMS contents in HTML or PDF (or
anything else too) and also that I can manage the sending of e-mails
[just to let you know my background... but I'm still a newbie in
cocoon]
Yes, I know I need an SMS gateway to send sms, but now I just need to
know the way to manage it via cocoon, just a suggestion about it...

We (= in one of my projects) wrote an SendSMSTransformer that works analogous to the SendMailTransformer. Another possibility is calling your SMS gateway from within a flow. *I* prefer the way of providing "message pipelines" with special purpose SendXYZ transformers as the manipulation of the content is much simpler (e.g. i18n) and is done the same way as all other view pipelines we have.

P.S.
I need this for my thesis, no profit reasons :)

here it doesn't matter which background you have :-)

Thanks for your time,

you're welcome!

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de