Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
* Lars Trieloff (JIRA):

The cocoon-deployer-plugin has currently  no support for XPatch,
which makes it  difficult to modify the  web.xml when developing
cocoon  blocks. For example  the cocoon-xmldb-impl  block should
add, when deployed, a servlet  for xindice and a servlet mapping
for  the xindice  servlet. This was  possible in  2.1 using  the
XConfToolTask, but is no longer  possible with the current state
of the deployer-plugin.

My patch adds support for patching the web.xml file using *.xweb
files in the /conf directory of a block by filtering the block's
jar file  during deployment  for conf/*.xweb files,  caching the
patch document  temporarily and  applying them (using  code from
the orgiginal  XConfToolTask in  2.1) to the  web.xml. The patch
has currently no support for  other files than conf/*.xweb files
and does not support any property expansion.

Hey,  that sounds  good.   Has  anyone been  able  to review  this
contribution?
I have a need for something similar right now as I need to declare OpenSessionInViewFilter in web.xml while testing a block. I'll look at the patch today.

Cocoon webapp archetype also need to be updates to conform to latest Carsten's changes.