Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:
Just a few examples of what can be currently achieved only by patching:

- tweaking store janitor

- configuring transient store max objects

- configuring continuations manager

These three things could be configured through properties I guess. So
there shouldn't be a need for patching.
That is why i wrote some things are trivial :)

- you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span components over several files.

While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in other files is probably a year old.

Yes, I think cforms in general is the hardest bit: it's not possible for
exampe to add a converter to a datatype without patching. We should
definitly come up with a better configuration which does not require any
patching just for adding new widgets, converters etc.

Exactly. Still my point is valid: users need to use it as is and won't be able to wait for developers mercy.

I have found yet another example: JXTemplate generator. Does anybody even remember that you can use javascript in jxtg along with jexl and jxtg?

{jexl:expr}
{jxpath:expr}
{js:expr}

or simply {expr} for default language

instead of
${expr}
#{expr}

And why? Because there is no simple way (not even for a developer) to make a switch.