Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Leszek Gawron wrote:

The perfect situation for me would be to have a ProfileAwarePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer that could be used like that:

        <bean id="placeholderConfig"
class="org.apache.cocoon.spring.ProfileAwarePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
                <property name="runningMode" value="${org.apache.cocoon.mode}"/>
        </bean>
and running the application with -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=dev

Is there any chance that this functionality could be separated? It would be even better if this code was directly ported to spring framework.

Ah, ok I see, this is possible:

<bean id="placeholderConfig"
class="org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.SettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor"
init-method="init">
        <property name="runningMode" value="${org.apache.cocoon.mode}"/>
</bean>

You can even skip the runningMode property, it uses the system property
by default.

Don't I have to create a Settings bean somewhere?

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.