Reinhard Poetz wrote:

I added/changed three things in Apples:

- Apples can be Spring beans. In order to lookup a bean, prepand #, e.g. to lookup a bean of name 'myBean', use <map:call function="#myBean"/>.

- Add an AppleNotFoundException which informs why an Apple can't be initialized.

 - Add sendStatus() to the AppleResponse interface.

Comments?
I think you implemented a duplicate. Some time ago I have commited ServiceApplesProcessor which looks up apples using service manager.

The only thing you have to to is to use different "flow language"

<components>
  <flow-interpreters>
<component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.apples.ApplesProcessor" name="apples" logger="apples">
    </component-instance>
<component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.apples.ServiceApplesProcessor" name="service-apples" logger="service-apples">
        </component-instance>
  </flow-interpreters>
</components>

--