Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
The mycsv example above was a typical use case for how the servlet service generator is intended to be used. It replaces the virtual sitemap components that we had an experimental implementation of before.

If we were talking about a virtual generator, I'd agree with you. But, after introducing the concept of "sitemap services" which are, from a users perspective like a web service, they become the source in my opinion.

And in the example above I would say that the "{1}.csv" input file is from the users POV the important thing. That the transformation from the csv input file to the wanted XML format is done with a servlet service that happen to be at some particular URI instead of using some custom csv generator, that is an implementation detail.

And here we disagree ;-)

The CSV file is important for the called service but for the calling pipeline, it is just some data that is passed. The servlet service generator parses the output stream returned by the called servlet and not the CVS file.

                                  - o -

I think that continuing this discussion doesn't solve the problem. Maybe we should start a poll on dev@, how others (except from Jörg, Alex, Grek, Vadim you and me) think about it because I guess that most of them probably don't follow this long thread anymore.

WDYT?

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc