Felix Knecht wrote:
If you we are already in this area. What about deprecating HTMLArea?
The project is not maintained any more so I think it would be very
wise to deprecate HTMLArea, especially when we have replacement for
it, already.

What others think about it? Do we need a vote?

yes please so that the decision gets explicit to everybody who doesn't follow each mail thread in every detail.

Felix, could you handle deprecation work (it consists mainly of adding
entry in changes.xml and comments in code)?

Well, I'll take the chance and try to.
As all of the scripts are executed on client side (and I don't think
it's a good idea to have a popup there saying it's depracated) where
would it be best place except the changes.xml to have a printout that it
is deprecated?

Once we had a deprecation logger but I don't think that the infrastructure for it is still in place.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc