On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

. a pipeline API (that isn't limited to XML pipelines but would also
  support connecting of any types of pipes)
. the pipeline API and the sitemap interpreter are useable from within
*plain Java code* (-> no dependency on the Servlet API) --> if it is used outside of a web container, the user has to make sure that there is no
  component that uses the servlet API

Speaking of which, I had intention to make a clear separation between pipeline assembly stage - which is currently done by tree processor - and pipeline execution stage - which is currently sometimes is done from within tree processor itself, in case of 'external pipelines', or out of tree processor for 'internal pipelines'. I have done a prototype work - and had it working after ~ 1 day effort.

But I noticed that you went in complete opposite direction and were bundling the two stages together in 'micro cocoon'. So what are your thoughts on this one?

Vadim