On Mar 22, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Lukas Lang wrote:
Yesterday I was introduced to an Austrian student who would be interested in
working on a GSoC for the Cocoon project this year.

The best idea we've had so far was was an upgrade of cForms to Dojo 1.x (or replacing it with something else if that is what the community is interested in).

Any other suggestions? (the deadline for project proposals is Monday, 17th of March)

hey everybody,

i'm the student, who's interested in participating in a GSoC cocoon- project. two days ago i had a conversation with Reinhard and as i read on the list, he told me raising CForms from Dojo 0.4 upto Dojo 1.1 as a GSoC project would not be the best way to do so,
due to Jeremy's work on this.

he pointed out that several blocks and related examples yet don't work in cocoon-2.2 and a great part of cocoon's users would take advantage of porting frequently used, cohesive blocks to version 2.2.

migrating the following blocks could be a realistic aim:

- cocoon-eventcache
- cocoon-jms
- cocoon-webdav
- cocoon-repository

my suggestion would consist of:

- creating a test-environment
- writing integration tests
- replacing avalon by spring
- making existing samples work
- developing new samples

what do you think?

I'd change the order a bit. First I'd suggest to make sure (and fix if necessary) existing samples. Once this is done, the block should be released. After that, you could start (as necessary) avalon to spring migration, and development of new samples.

Vadim