Joerg Heinicke schrieb:
On 03.04.2008 23:33, Jörg Heinicke (JIRA) wrote:

With Mac OS X I also have no access to the source code of the JDK.

Which makes me wonder again how to do serious Java development with Mac OS X. I know a few of you guys are using Mac OS X. How do you do it?

Today I have faced the first real barrier: I had to convert a PKCS12 keystore to JKS, which is only possible with JDK 6 (AFAIK), so I had to use a Windows machine for this task :(

-- Andreas

Whenever I start this I get annoyed very fast. The missing Java sources are only the tip of the iceberg. Every tree representation in Eclipse just sucks. Keyboard navigation in Mac OS X is completely inconsistent, especially with Java programs. There seems to be no serious SVN command line client (or at least the CollabNet download page is just self-linking at the moment: http://downloads.open.collab.net/binaries.html). And so on ... Windows has also bunch of annoying issues but there is at least consistency and usually there is a solution for everything. Do you guys all switch to Linux when it comes to Java development? :)

Joerg

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH