Hello,

> Hey,
>
> I'm sorry for my delayed answer too ;-)
>
> Well, what I'm trying to gain is implementation independent blocks.
> I cleaned up the JMS block using Spring provided mechanisms
> (templates) for message delivery.
>
> The sample block is now based on the ActiveMQ implementation
> running in embedded mode (initialized via Spring namespace).
> For demonstration purpose, it uses the
> JMSEventMessageListener component for invalidating cached responses.
>
> As far as I get this, there are no dependencies between
> eventcache and jms-impl at all?
> If we consider (re)placing the JMSEventMessageListener into
> the jms-sample block, because it is a concrete subclass of
> the AbstractMessageListener, we would get a more satisfying situation.

Doesn't the JMSEventMessageListener have a dependency on eventcache, or
none at all (it's been a while so I might be off here...)

> The way you might go, consists of writing a concrete listener
> in a separate block, using whatever other block (e.g.
> eventcache) you might need.

I must also admit I haven't yet been working with 2.2 and only 2.1. Do I
get correctly, that we would have in the end a jms block and a separate
event block, and if you want the event block using the jms, you need to
add a separate block containing the concrete listener impl? Or is it not
necessary to add a block...?

> Can you live with that?

Honestly, you can better judge it then I can, because I am still to much
thinking and looking at it from the 2.1 days... :-). So if it makes the
architecture of the blocks better, you ahead

-Ard