Hi,

There is a worst case scenario now: What if they don't collect enough
money from subscriptions and do the next step: remove the 3 months
window or worse go full closed source?

I think changing the rules is not fair at all. That should rings our
bells. Most important, our own user base will suffer. Any of our user
now have to have in the pocket 16k yearly in order to deploy a cocoon
2.2 based application. That does not sounds good at all.

There are many ways to describe the spirit of the apache community, but
there is one that I like more than all the others: 'we care about people
more than we care about code'. We have to do something.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.