Hi Cocoon community,

Here at Anyware, we have dozens of Cocoon-2.1 based applications in production. We've hacked Cocoon a lot, so that migrating to most recent releases of Cocoon is not an option for us at the moment Cocoon 2.1 is a *very* stable framework, especially the core, but I recently came across a bug and discovered that, even if I provide a patch, there will be nobody to commit it, let alone release the next 2.1.12 maintenance version. Diving in the ML archives, I discovered than Carsten, the last 2.1 release manager, resigned from the job almost two years ago [1], and that nobody took over.

So I'm wondering if someone around here was still willing to maintain the Cocoon-2.1 branch ? If not, I volunteer to do the job, as this branch is important for us, and I don't want to have to fork it in our own repository.
Otherwise, do you have other solutions for me ?

BTW, is there still many Cocoon-2.1 users around here ?

Best regards,
Cédric Damioli

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cocoon-dev/200805.mbox/%3c483cf62f.3000...@apache.org%3e

--