On 07/01/2011 10:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
Hi all,
recently I have been in the situation for which I need to parametrize an
XML file of my application; I thought there was a simpler way but I
ended up by using an additional XSLT transformation step (since the
XSLTTransformer can accep parameters from the pipeline).

With C2.1 I used to put in place the JXGenerator [1] (or JXTransformer
[2] depending on the case): this saved me, in many cases, from an
additional transformation step in the pipeline.

Even though it is true that everything you could do with JXGenerator can
always be done with XMLGenerator + XSLTTransformer, do you think that
such component can be a "nice to have" in C3?

So far there is only the StringTemplateGenerator component, that dynamically generates XML based on a template.

There are also no 'build-in' objects like request, session, etc. which were supported by the JXGenerator or the VelocityGenerator in Cocoon 2.x

I have no strong opinion on what should be migrated to C3 as long as it goes into a new module or the cocoon-optional module ;-) I suggest that you choose that technology that fits your requirements and your time constraints (VelocityGenerator should be rather straight forward, migrating JX* is definitly more-timeconsuming) best.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org

    http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap