On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:01:51PM +0300, Johan Sjöberg wrote:

> Referring to David’s message on the "user" list, there seems to be plans
> for Cocoon-2.1 and Cocoon-2.2 releases. That’s great!

Thanks for your interest.

It is a loose use of the term "plans", but yeah, these are the first steps.

> What would be needed
> from "outsiders" to help with these, patches and testing, more?

Reviewing these lists of issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12310771
COCOON-open-with-patch
... twiddle that filter to restrict to "Affects Version".

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12335814
COCOON-affects-2_1_12-and-2_1_13
... general issues affecting recent 2.1

Also, there would be some documentation tweaks needed.
However i am not clear about the state of our system.

> Personally
> I would be interested in an official release of the 2.1 branch and will
> check what possible local changes I might have.

I too am mainly interested in Cocoon-2.1

Yes please do add to our JIRA issue tracker any changes that you
reckon are useful.

You might need to be added to JIRA permissions. If so then please
contact the "private" mail list and tell us your JIRA username.

Thanks again. Hopefully your efforts will encourage others.

-David