On Oct 11, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> The more I think about it and read it, the more non-English and odd the word
> "filesystem" feels to me. I would never write: 'Do this or that with the
> filesystem.' It just sounds Dutch or German to me. That's what I get for
> working with Dutch people :)

Speaking as a native American English speaker and confessed spelling/grammar
nazi, I would personally *prefer* to see the compound "filesystem" used instead
of "file system".  I consider it to be simply one of those computing terms that
is no less correct for your spell checking software refusing to recognize it.

$0.02,
Matt