Hi,

Gary Gregory wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2011, at 2:05, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Hen,

>>> We have two failing unit tests with Java 7. At least one is due to
>>> change in behavior of the Java runtime:
>>>
>>> 1/ FastDateFormatTest.testFormat
>>> 2/ UnicodeEscaperTest.testUPlus (change in Java 7)
>>
>> Do you think either will require an API change?

I have no really looked into FastDate, but in the UnicodeEscaper we
explicitly rely on the fact the the JDK fails for this UPlus notation (this
is at least how I read the code) i.e. according our Javadoc it should fail
nevertheless. It is questionable now to adjust Javadoc, I'd rather opt for
JDK-independent behavior.

>> ie) Can we leave them for 3.0.1?
>
> I think we can postpone java 7 alpha worries for later. It feels like
> java 7 is still moving target.

With Java 7 released this month I'd better be prepared now.

- Jörg