Hi Steve!

I have to dig in the ML to find the discussion, anyway IIRC the
CatalogFactory has been designed to be integrated in the XML/textual
configuration, mixing a lot of pattern - not in the best way.
With new Configuration design, we thought delegating the config
implementation to resolve commands class name to instance, rather than
having this god class...

I'll point you to discussions anyway as soon as I find it!

Have a nice weekend, all the best!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi