On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could be I am misunderstanding the proposal.  Do you mean a) RM is
> not obligated to do anything but tag a release and create tarballs
> or b) RM should just be trusted to "do the right thing" in getting
> stuff published and other other PMC members should review / help
> with "post-release" stuff ad hoc?  Could be b) could work as long as
> we collectively agree to keep an eye on things / review stuff
> outside of RC votes.

Officially, b).

But, I do think a) is a very interesting stance.

Let's say I think Lang 3.2 is ready and call a vote. Currently the
community is going to vote -1 simply because I'm not interested in doing
lots of bells and whistles.

However,

svn tag LANG_3.2 <url>

We're done. Release is done and the only step potentially missing is svn
export, tar cf, put in a web directory for download. Now those who care
about having a source tarball in some special place (it's not in svn
somewhere right?) and all the other things can go do them. I know I've sat
and kept JIRA's updated for projects who weren't doing so, why is a maven
repo or whatever else any different?

I'm being extreme, but I think it's an interesting challenge for our
'everyone must meet this bar' approach. The more we raise the bar, the more
star systems slip through our fingers. Erm. Something like that :)

Hen