On 2 May 2016 at 05:28, Josh Elser <els...@apache.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc0).
>
> Maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1161

The e-mail should contain the hashes of the release items as the above
URL is transitory.
The hashes allow one to tie the released files back to the vote thread.

They can be copied from the Nexus mail.

> Artifacts:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/{binaries,source}

Likewise here we include the revision id of the URL:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/

> Staged site:
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/index.html

There's no Clirr report that I could find.

Also the download page links to trunk rather than the specific tag.

> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site. JIRA-generated
> release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts" repository. Unit
> tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.

E-mail should really have URL to make it easy for reviewers.

> The current code is available in branches/VFS-2.1 at r1741921. This is what
> will be copied to tags upon successful passing of this vote.

Full URLs in e-mails please.
Also it should be a TAG not a branch, as it should be kept if the vote
is successful

> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/05 0500 UTC.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>   [ ] 0  OK, but...
>   [X] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..

As above.

No need necessarily to rebuild everything as most of the concerns
relate to the vote e-mail and the site.
e.g. you can rename the branch as a tag.