Am 18.09.2016 um 13:58 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
The problem with the current API is that we can't get rid of the "Object"
suffix:

public static void different(long, long, String, Object...)
public static <T> void differentObject(T, T, String, Object...)

when I change the second method name to "different" (or rename both to
notEquals), the method calls become ambiguous. This has something to do
with the varargs argument at the end.
I would remove the (unreleased) primitive variants and reduce it to the object variant.
I'm currently not sure how to handle this. I'd rather like to release 3.5
without this API.
+1 I think it's better to have a new release soon than having this hold up the release.

-Pascal